Exploring Earth: Middle School Earth and Space Science is an 8-week, online course covering mapping, Earth's structure, minerals, weathering, erosion, and more!
Hosted on an engaging and user-friendly course platform, students are able to access lessons across desktop and mobile devices anytime from anywhere in the world.
Exploring Earth is one of three courses in the Middle School Earth + Space Science Series:
- Exploring Earth - Fall 2019
- Geologic Time + Weather and Climate - Winter 2020
- Earth's Resources + Exploring the Universe - Spring 2020
Available both as a textbook and as an interactive digital ebook.
Published: July 8, 2016
ISBN-13 : 9780076773855 | MHID : 007677385X
- Engage and Explore: Students complete a Launch Lab to explore a familiar Earth Science phenomena.
- Explain: Using their observations, textbook readings and a short lecture, students acquire a formal understanding of Earth Science concepts.
- Elaborate: Students apply their newly-acquired knowledge to a lab, demonstration or hands-on activity.
- Evaluate: Students assess their understanding of the material covered by answering open-ended questions at the end of each lesson.
Length: 8 weeks.
Effort: 4-6 hours per week.
Level: Middle School. 5th-8th grades.
Schedule: 100% online and self-paced.
Tuition: $99 per 8-week session.
Week 1: Methods of Science
Week 2: Mapping Earth
Week 3: Earth's Structure
Week 4: Rocks & Minerals
Week 5: Weathering and Soil
Week 6: Erosion and Deposition
Week 7: Mass Movements, Wind and Glaciers
Week 8: Surface & Ground Water
STEM Skool, Inc. Refund Policy:
Tuition is non-refundable. No portion of tuition will be refunded in the event of absence, missed lessons, relocation, decision to withdraw, or dismissal from STEM Skool. Future monthly payments may be cancelled upon written notice of withdrawal from STEM Skool.
How much time do I have to complete this course?
You will have access to this course for 12 months.
Is the textbook required?
The Glencoe Earth and Space iScience text by McGraw Hill textbook is highly recommended. The textbook contains in-depth, detailed descriptions of the concepts covered alongside vibrant, engaging images. Furthermore, adhering to the text and the Next Generation Science Standards to which it aligns more easily allows us to issue a full-year credit for the Earth and Space Science Series.
Is this class graded?
Middle School Earth and Space Science is a credit/no credit course. This class includes short assessments at the end of each lesson. You will receive a certificate of achievement for completing all assessments.
I am having trouble enrolling a second student. What could be the problem?
Please use a unique email address for each enrolled student. You will not be able to enroll more than one student per email address. This is the most common enrollment issue.
Do you offer a sibling discount?
No, we do not offer a sibling discount for this class.
P.O. Box 11571 Charlotte, NC 28209
+1 (704) 753-8325