This class is full. Please join our waiting list below.
STEM Skool's Elementary Science + Engineering class is an 8-week course covering first thru third grade science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts.
This year, our theme is Earth + Space Science. Our curriculum, Engineering Everywhere by the Museum of Science Boston, empowers youth to tackle real-world engineering problems using the engineering design process, creativity, and collaboration.
Enrollment includes complimentary access to Elementary Earth + Space Science Online Class.
- Explore: As they begin to arrive, students are invited to explore maker space materials, loose parts, photographs, artifacts, writing samples, and works of art.
- Engage: During our Gathering Circle, students recall observations made during their exploration and talk about their own experiences in the world around them.
- Explain: After a brief lesson, students work together to acquire a formal understanding of newly-presented science and engineering concepts.
- Elaborate: Students apply their newly-acquired knowledge to a lab, demonstration or hands-on activity.
- Evaluate: In our Closing Circle, students reflect on what they've learned and review key terms.
Length: 8 weeks.
Effort: 1-2 hours per week.
Level: Elementary School. 1st-4th grades.
Schedule: Fridays. 10 am - 11 am.
Microsoft SouthPark. Charlotte, NC.
Tuition: $139 per 8 week session.
Week 1: What is Engineering?
Week 2: What is Technology?
Week 3: Looking Beyond: Exploring with Traveling Light.
Week 4: Secret Messages: Manipulating Light and Colors.
Week 5: Model LiDar to Gather Topographical Information.
Week 6: Creating Remote Sensing Technologies.
Week 7: Improve: Final Launch.
Week 8: Engineering Showcase.
STEM Skool, Inc. Refund Policy:
Tuition is non-refundable. No portion of tuition will be refunded in the event of absence, missed lessons, relocation, decision to withdraw, or dismissal from STEM Skool. Future monthly payments may be cancelled upon written notice of withdrawal from STEM Skool.
How long is this class?
This class meets for 1 hour per week for 8 weeks. Our first class is on Friday, September 27th, and our last class is on Friday, November 15th. Our Winter session will begin on January 10, 2020.
Where does this class meet?
This class meets at the SouthPark Microsoft Store, located at 4400 Sharon Road Charlotte, NC 28211.
How many students are in each class?
This class accepts 6-10 students per session.
Is there a sibling discount for this class?
No, we do not offer a sibling discount for this class.
P.O. Box 11571 Charlotte, NC 28209
+1 (704) 753-8325