STEM Skool's Exploring Earth is an 8-week online class for kids in 1st-4th grades. Inspired by popular children's books, such as Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty, The Street Beneath My Feet by Charlotte Guillain and Grand Canyon by Jason Chin, students will study the Scientific Method, Mapping, Earth's Structure, Minerals, Rocks, Weathering, Soil, and Water.
Exploring Earth is one of three courses in the Elementary Earth + Space Science Series:
- Exploring Earth - Fall 2019
- Geologic Time + Weather and Climate - Winter 2020
- Earth's Resources + Exploring the Universe - Spring 2020
Over the course of the school year, students will take an incredible journey around Planet Earth and beyond through inquiry-based lessons and hands-on labs.
This class is hosted on an engaging and user-friendly course platform. Students are able to access lessons across desktop and mobile devices anytime from anywhere in the world.
Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
The Street Beneath My Feet by Charlotte Guillain
Grand Canyon by Jason Chin
DK Children's Encyclopedia by DK
- Engage and Explore: Students complete a Launch Lab to explore a familiar Earth Science phenomena.
- Explain: Using their observations, textbook readings and a short lecture, students acquire a formal understanding of Earth Science concepts.
- Elaborate: Students apply their newly-acquired knowledge to a lab, demonstration or hands-on activity.
- Evaluate: Students assess their understanding of the material covered by answering open-ended questions at the end of each lesson.
Length: 8 weeks.
Effort: 2-4 hours per week.
Level: Elementary School. 1st-4th grades.
Schedule: 100% online and self-paced.
Tuition: $79 per 8-week session.
Week 1: Methods of Science
Week 2: Mapping Earth
Week 3: Earth's Structure
Week 4: Minerals
Week 5: Rocks
Week 6: Weathering and Soil
Week 7: Earth in Motion
Week 8: Surface Water
Fall 2019 Tuition
STEM Skool, Inc. Refund Policy:
Tuition is non-refundable. No portion of tuition will be refunded in the event of absence, missed lessons, relocation, decision to withdraw, or dismissal from STEM Skool. Future monthly payments may be cancelled upon written notice of withdrawal from STEM Skool.
How much time do I have to complete this course?
You will have access to this course for 12 months.
Is this class graded?
No. This class includes short assessments at the end of each lesson. You will receive a certificate of achievement for completing all assessments.
I am having trouble enrolling a second student. What could be the problem?
Please use a unique email address for each enrolled student. You will not be able to enroll more than one student per email address. This is the most common enrollment issue.
Do you offer a sibling discount?
No, we do not offer a sibling discount for this class.
P.O. Box 11571 Charlotte, NC 28209
+1 (704) 753-8325