This class is full. Please join our waiting list below.
STEM Skool's Elementary Spanish Immersion class is an 8-week course covering 1st-4th grade science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts en español!
Elementary Spanish Immersion is a literature-based STEM program in which each new concept is inspired by a popular children's book.
Enrollment includes complimentary access to Elementary Earth + Space Science Online Class.
- Explore: As they begin to arrive, students greet their friends and explore maker materials, loose parts, photographs, and picture books.
- Engage: During our Gathering Circle, students discuss observations made during their exploration.
- Explain: We read our book of the week, and students work together to acquire a formal understanding of Earth Science concepts.
- Elaborate: Students apply their newly-acquired knowledge to a lab, demonstration or hands-on activity.
- Evaluate: In our Closing Circle, students reflect on what they've learned and review key terms.
Enrollment includes access to Elementary Earth + Space Science Online Class.
Length: 8 weeks.
Effort: 1-2 hours per week.
Level: Elementary School. 1st-4th grades.
Schedule: Mondays. 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm.
Microsoft SouthPark. Charlotte, NC.
Tuition: $139 per 8 week session.
Week 1: Methods of Science and The Art of Inquiry.
Week 2: Mapping Earth and Remote Sensing.
Week 3: Earth's Structure: Digging Beneath Earth's Surface.
Week 4: Rocks and Minerals.
Week 5: Weathering and Soil.
Week 6: Erosion and Deposition.
Week 7: Mass Movements, Wind and Glaciers.
Week 8: Surface and Ground Water.
STEM Skool, Inc. Refund Policy:
Tuition is non-refundable. No portion of tuition will be refunded in the event of absence, missed lessons, relocation, decision to withdraw, or dismissal from STEM Skool. Future monthly payments may be cancelled upon written notice of withdrawal from STEM Skool.
How long is this class?
This class meets for 1 hour per week for 8 weeks. Our first class is on Monday, September 23rd, and our last class is on Monday, November 11th. Our Winter session will begin on January 6, 2020, at which time we will continue our exploration of Earth + Space Science.
Where does this class meet?
This class meets at the SouthPark Microsoft Store, located at 4400 Sharon Road Charlotte, NC 28211.
How many students are in each class?
This class accepts 6-8 students per session.
Is there a sibling discount for this class?
No, we do not offer a sibling discount for this class.
P.O. Box 11571 Charlotte, NC 28209
+1 (704) 753-8325